Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Detoxing: basic tips and tricks


Detoxing is a very important piece of your health, whether you are battling a chronic illness or not.  There are many different detox regimes, some even specific to certain health problems. Of course, when you are busy it is hard to fit another thing into your busy schedule.  In order fit detoxing into my busy schedule, I try to do small things to detox throughout the week.  Here are some small detoxes I do throughout the week that you can easily incorporate into your everyday schedule.

Lemon water- I drink lemon water every day.  It not only keeps me hydrated but lemons have great natural detoxing qualities.
Feet soaking- I try to soak my feet in Epson salt as much as possible, but it is really important for those days that you feel bad.  Soaking your feet can help eliminate harmful toxins like heavy metals from your body. I just have a heated foot bath that I add some Epson salt to and soak for 10-15 minutes.
Epson salt bath- Whenever I am at home I try to take an Epson salt bath at night.  This also helps eliminate harmful toxins from your body.

Another great way to detox is to see a homeopathic doctor.  They can soak your feet with an ionizer with drains the lymphatic system, bacteria, and harmful toxins. They can also recommend different detoxes specific to your health needs.  I personally saw a homeopathic doctor and really liked it, you just need to come open minded because some of their treatments are pretty out there.

In addition to all of these when I feel like I need to detox, I follow my Lyme diet as strictly as possible.  To review my Lyme diet read here.


No comments:

Post a Comment