Sunday, April 13, 2014

Exercising with Lyme: my first time running!

The weather was so nice here today that I decided to drive down to the river by myself and take a shot at running! And I was able to run my first FULL mile since I stopped running!! I can barely put into words how accomplished I feel right now.


 I have not been on a run since this summer when I had to stop because I could not physically get my body to do it.  I had to really push myself, but I was able to complete the full mile and walk the mile back.
Out of all the lifestyle changes I have had to make, not being able to run is what bothered me the most.  I am going to have to take it is slow, but I am just grateful to have made it this far!



Now I know it is not recommended to run while doing Lyme treatment, but my outlook is that you can break some rules in moderation.  If you are also battling Lyme, I encourage you to get out and do some exercises whether its yoga, strength training (with light weights or body weight), or just doing some walking.  I am a huge believer that a body in motion stays in motion, so making an effort to do small exercises everyday while help you keep up your energy levels.

For now I am going to relax and drink some lemon water to hydrate and detox!







No comments:

Post a Comment